heart strings

heart strings

Decoding the delivery room a bit too soon..

I am back at Good Sam. This will be my second time since my pregnancy. The first time I was bleeding alot and had to find out what from. Turns out I have a growth on my cervix and that needs to be dealt with during the birth of our little girl. I was ordered to finally be taken off the baby aspirin during this time. This time I am back for cramping and leg numbness and some spotting. Turns out I am going through Braxton Hicks once again. I experienced it right before our babymoon, but now I am to far long to take the meds that was given to me to stop the contractions and relax my uterus. I am being monitored and hooked up to all kinds of machines, given a steroid to help develop the baby's lungs just in case she arrives early and put on another medication called Procardia. As as I sit on the 6th floor, being treated for all of this..I start to evaluate the hospital. I ask if I am having a C section will I be coming to this floor because it actually is pretty roomy and clean and nice. I find out that this floor is strictly for delivery only! Oye. The 5th floor is for C sections only. This makes me very unhappy because I took a peek at the 5th floor and was not in love. The rooms were small and there is no chance in getting a private room. 

What I did find out is that Good Sam is one of the better hospitals for NICU. If she comes early I will suck it up , otherwise I have decided to deliver at Southside, where my OB is also affiliated. 
*fingers crossed*




No comments:

Post a Comment