heart strings

heart strings

Mother's day, Good Mom to be?

This year I didn't get to do my 'typical' Mother's day but I pulled off still hosting it , this year it was at my house instead of Mom's. After the shower, I was pretty wiped had all the gifts in the middle of the living room. Didn't know how I would pull it all off , getting all the baby stuff away ,neat and organizing our home in time to make a pretty dinner table setting and a delicious meal. My father came over the Sat before and started to help me tackle the job. He could only give me an hour and My Mother had to work. I was so tired and now I am not moving as well as I used to. As I started to to look around and see the dust bunnies all over my  floor I started to break down and cry. I thought of  how I had not even gone to the grocery store yet nor bought the flower arrangements that I make for my Mom's and the clock was ticking.

My husband walked in to see me have a meltdown and felt terrible, and told me  he would help. Sure enough he busted out the vacuum and he started to do some of the tasks that I just could not handle as I ran ou the door to go get the ingredients for the next day. As I ran out, I started to think to myself I am only going to do some appetizers I can handle and one course and cater the rest, too bad! At least I can get my table setting the way I wish. Mario's of East Northport was called and I felt much better about reliving alot of that pressure that I had weighing on me.  You will get to see some of the images from that day, most of them ended up being corrupt due to a bad disk we bought, so unfortunately I am sad to say I lost the table setting which was one of the prettiest yet. :(


A nice treat was to have the topper from our baby shower for Mother's day!

So was I being a bad daughter by not doing it all myself? I would like to  think I was being more of a Good Mom to be knowing that I was in over my head and to not push myself like I do each year.
The best part is that I got cards this year and one from my Mother n' law the other from my baby to be. Both were generous and cute .Apparently the baby girl I am carrying feels I need to get nice massage because she has been so hard on my legs  and feet, I am looking fwd to using my massage pedicure right before I go into the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment