heart strings

heart strings

Little lady in waiting , the shower


What most of you didn't know was that many different people were involved in behind the scenes to make this beautiful day happen. I will admit, I definitely had my hands in most of it since I knew the date.Infact so much so that the day of the event hub and I were literally still setting up only 1/2 hour before our guests arrived, hence why we go there a bit later than sooner!
I though by taking on alot of the DIY's and ideas it would put less on everyone else and put me in a place where I could forget about of alot of the issues we were going through with the pregnancy. If you know me , you know that I love being involved with event planning and it helps me satisfy that creative part that I am not able to tap into enough.

I had many ambitions for this day and it turned out that I couldn't actually do all of them because of the continuous visits to Doctors each week and both the hospital. I ended up being way in over my head and had to work with some vendors from Etsy that actually worked out to be just fabulous.I will share each vendor as I go along.
May 1st , 2011 you could have not asked for a more beautiful day for a tented event. My girlfriend Tina was more than a Gem to lend us her home to host this event in her backyard. Two days of set up time and many hours of family and friends cooking and preparing the food just in the last hours to make sure everything was fresh!
My friend Jenna did a wonderful job taking photos for our event. She also added our event to her blog. Feel free to check that out at Jenna Domingo photography.

Yes, "Pregnant in heels"


They were so wonderful working with me on my envision for the centerpieces just in the very last week before the shower.
Custom shower game,welcome sign,water bottle labels, and soda bottle labels all by Etsy seller: sixchicksdesigns
  
Napkins served as place mats,candy dots used to wrap utensils.
Place cards custom made by myself. Flowers designed by Janette and myself.
Printed Custom M&M's by www.mymms.com as favors.
Ladies and Daisy's it's a girl baby banner by Esty seller:ParkersPrints

 Guest sign in book custom made by Etsy seller:Spoccdesign
Delicious dishes made by My Mom

 Cucumber Salad made by My Mother n' law,
Seafood Salad made by Dad , Pasta Salads made by Tina and Tina's Mom Linda.
The Arrival
Hugs and my favorite flowers from Cindy!

Some of the guests seeing me for the first time since we announced our news
Lucille my Neighbor makes a sweet Poem, Dad makes a funny speech
Aveno diaper cake made by Sara,Baby girl favors made by my Mother n' law, diaper cake made by 
Sister n' law TinaMarie
The dessert buffet table, backdrop with Maternity photos.
Cupcakes made by Sugar Chic ,  Macaroons made by Esty Seller:nicoleleechocolates
Homemade fudge brownies made by Mom, Rock sugar candy from Sweet Candy LLC, Mini cheesecake cupcakes and reese's peanut butter cupcakes,& Fruit baby carriage made by My Mother n' law.
A special thanks to Ilona and Susan from Sugar Sugar who made such a beautiful cake for our shower.
Everyone couldn't stop raving about our cake and how delicious it was!
Baby C initial cake topper by Esty seller: TheLilDetails
Opening all of your wonderful gifts...

Fun shots of friends and family at the shower
Speech


My intent that day was to make a speech and let all of you know how much it meant to me to have you attend ,and that you made the effort to come celebrate this event. I was very overwhelmed with the day and before I knew it time flew just like I remembered similar to our wedding and than the shower was over.

It was such an emotional day for me seeing some of your faces that I have not seen in so long! Friends that traveled just to be here that live far, cousins that I wish I could see more often than not, childhood friendships, neighbors that that are always watching out for us, clients and people I work with that saw the progress of the pregnancy and also some individuals that knew me since I was a little girl and watched me grow up.

I also want to address some specific friends and family that gave me a great support system by either checking in with a phone call or txt, or helped me with visits to Doctor's appointments, gave me advise about how to register, or just to listen to me be scared, cry or vent about my concerns and fears. Most of all, I am proud to say I found some really wonderful new friendships in the last couple years, that I can truly say although I have not known you as long as I have known some others ,you girls have been amazing through this time for me and I cherish the time we have grown to know each other .There were times I didn't know where to turn but because some of you have been through it or are going through it made me feel a special connection and  bond with those few.
  I also want to thank Tina for lending her home to host this event for us, and her Mother for cooking up a storm and helping out as well. We are forever grateful to you!
  My Mom who has been a wonderful help, and has been very empathetic towards understanding  how difficult some days were for me.. You never quite really fully appreciate your Mom until your about to become one.
My Father also has been pretty wonderful and helping out with so much.Dinners when I was to tired to cook for my husband and lending an ear to my husband when he needed someone to turn to when he was dealing with me during this time.
My Mother n' Law for sending food home for us, and always checking in and participating in helping out for this day.

 Days before the shower some of these friends helped out to plan this event and others helped the day of.
Tina, Janette, Jenny June, Kerri , and Tati and Michelle for taking extra photos.
Last but not least, My husband has been my rock. I will admit, there were times I thought to myself, what did we do??? Did we make the right choice??? I thought at times one of us is not going to make through alive through this pregnancy, and mostly it was going to be him! In the end really it was all my crazy hormones and he was really wonderful in being such a loving , caring man! I never knew that he would be so empathetic but pregnancy really tests the both of you.  He helped me out of bed when I couldn't get out, rubbing my belly when it hurt, joked at the Dr.'s office when I was flipping out to lighten the mood,  listening to me cry and scream over ridiculous things that I swear were a really big deal at the time.Trying his hardest to please me by getting everything done in time,picking up medications, taking time off of work to go to Dr. Appointments every other week,and most of all telling me I am beautiful every single day, when I felt at my worst and depressed always reminding me of how much he loves me. I am lucky to have him and so is our baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment